It could be a rare bird feeding at your bird feeder or a funny way your cat found a place to sleep. Maybe you caught your dog getting into the trash or your hampster running a little too fast on the wheel. Some of the best moments you want to share with your pets happen when you are not around. Our award-winning Presence App can help you capture these moments and later give you the opportunity to share them with your friends. Best of all, it's free.
Here are a few steps on how you can do it.
- Download our free app onto your current smartphone or tablet and register an account. When you open Presence, select "Remote Control," enabling you to control the other devices you sync up to Presence. Our app works on both Android and iPhone, and you can get it on iTunes or Google Play.
- Get that old smartphone or tablet out of the drawer, connect it to your wireless signal and install Presence App on it also. After that, on the opening screen, you can then make the phone or tablet and make the device a camera. Now you are ready to start recording after it detects motion.
- Find a way to prop up your recording device. We recommend finding a phone and tablet stand or tripod to help keep it safely positioned.
- After you place the camera (make sure it's plugged in), you can control the camera with your current smartphone or tablet. You'll be able to see what kind of shot you've lined up and if you need to adjust it. Select options and a screen will open giving you a list of choices you want to set up. You can rename your camera, activate motion recording and choose the length of video recording, the time between records and sensitivity of the motion detector.
- Once everything is ready to go, tap "Dim Screen" to help preserve your camera's screen life. You'll start getting email alerts that video or a photo is captured and ready to view. If you are getting too many, you might want to consider another position or adjust the sensitivity. Don't forget, you can turn off the camera whenever you'd like.
- Presence gives you the ability to share your video automatically to your Twitter account. You can select which account and compose a camera tweet. There are Twitter tips in the app to help you along in that process. If you want to share on Facebook or Instagram, simply go to your favorite moment and download it to your phone from your Presence. You can also download from the web onto your computer through our Presence Portal
Please share your moments with us! Tag it with #PresenceApp on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and we'll spot it. We might even ask if we can share it with our many followers.