The Water Sensor has a small water probe attached to the transmitter with a long cable.
You can completely submerge the small water probe in water, but don't get the transmitter wet. When the water probe is wet with some water connecting both metal probes at once, the sensor will report 'Wet'. When there is no water touching both metal probes, the sensor will report 'Dry'.
- Peel off the sticky backing on the transmitter. Place it up high, on a wall, away from water.
- Peel off the sticky backing from the small water probe. Stick this to a place you want to detect water, with the metal tips facing down to where the water will collect.
The Water Sensor is typically used to detect leaks, which can cost a homeowner tens of thousands of dollars to repair.
The Water Sensor will automatically alert you when its battery is getting low. It takes a CR2450 Lithium coin cell battery, which should last a few years.